How can we help?
Youth Attention Center offers different programs to help fit the needs of runaway and homeless youth, and those deemed to be at-risk. Qualified and compassionate case workers meet with youth to identify challenges in their lives, and assist in building basic life management skills to deal with those issues. Youth may receive guidance in attaining communication skills and building peer and family relationships. There is also assistance with academic/truancy problems and mentoring to foster skills in anger management and coping with difficult life situations.
What are our goals?
- Prevent youth from running away
- Prevent youth from becoming homeless in the future
- Help build strong and healthy family relationships
- Reunite youth and their family
- Divert youth from the formal court system
- Help find safe and stable living situations
- Provide resources
- Provide referrals